Little Sun lamp
Now available at the 516 ARTS Store for a limited time!
Little Sun is:
- An attractive, high-quality solar-powered LED lamp developed by artist Olafur Eliasson and engineer Frederik Ottesen
- A social business focused on getting clean, reliable, affordable light to the 1.1 billion people worldwide without access to electricity
- A global project connecting the world through sharing light
Solar power at its best
Little Sun’s unique combination of beautiful design and exceptional engineering has made the lamp popular across the globe. Featuring two light levels, it’s easy to use: 5 hours of charging in the sun produces 10 hours of soft light or 4 hours of bright light.
The Little Sun solar-powered lamp:
- Features the world’s most efficient solar cell, produced by SunPower, industry leaders in solar manufacturing
- Specially engineered to keep the electronics cool even while charging in the sun, and the ventilation of the solar panel ensures best efficiency
- Contains 3 AAA rechargeable batteries
- Received official certification in 2012 from Lighting Africa, a joint IFC and World Bank program
- ROHS and ISO-certified for quality and consistency in production standards
- Was recently introduced into Centre Pompidou’s permanent design collection and has been nominated for Design Museum’s 2013 Designs of the Year Award
Download technical specifications here.
From the makers of Little Sun:
Little Sun is perfect for camping, at the beach, festivals, BBQs, or hiking – and it makes a great gift. Kids love it. Light your garden or balcony, or use it indoors to brighten your home. It’s a fun, accessible introduction to the benefits of solar power and sustainable energy. Featuring two light levels, it’s easy to use: 5 hours of charging in the sun produces 10 hours of soft light or 4 hours of bright light.
Little Sun puts the power of the sun in the palm of your hand – creating safe, convenient, sustainable light you can take with you wherever you go.
When you buy a Little Sun, you receive a high-quality solar-powered lamp – but that’s not all. With each purchase you are investing in the delivery of Little Sun light to off-grid areas. Currently Little Suns are being distributed in in over 10 African countries, including in Zimbabwe, Ethiopia, Kenya, Senegal, and Ghana – as well as in Europe, Canada, Australia, Japan, and the United States.
Here’s how: the price of each lamp is set higher in areas of the world with electricity than in areas without. We use this on-grid investment to build our distribution system, make more lamps available to off-grid users at locally affordable prices, and make sure Little Sun off-grid sales agents can profit.
$30 + shipping (or free pick-up at 516 ARTS)
available for a limited time - get them while they last!